Stress is very much part of life in the 21st century, and has overtaken the common cold as the major reason for taking time off work. But while we cannot avoid life's pressures, we can influence the degree to which they affect us, and how we react. This book will show you how.
It examines why we become stressed, how the stress response is unique to each of us and why stress, particularly when combined with fatigue, can create a vicious circle that has serious implications for our long-term health. So, what's the answer? As you'll discover, there is no single solution; instead the authors suggest a unique blend of practical solutions that include:
* Uncovering your stress triggers and stress response
* Learning how to reframe negative beliefs
* Effective time management that includes relaxation and fun
* Becoming more resilient by tuning up your stress hormones
* Utilising the power of sleep and exercise
* Beating the sugar and stimulant trap
* Fuel-up to feel good - discover the key nutrients for energy and resilience
With a section on quick fixes to feel better now, as well as guidance on putting together a long-term action plan, The Stress Cure will empower you to take back control and live a healthier, more balanced life.
translation missing: en.general.search.loading