Oh My God, What A Complete Blog!
If you're not familiar with the Aisling series of books by Emer McLysaght and Sarah Breen, then you're missing out on a treat. These books are a hilarious, heartwarming, and relatable ode to Irish womanhood.
The series follows the adventures of Aisling O'Shea, a 30-something woman living in Ballygobbard, a fictional town in Ireland. Aisling is a bit of a disaster magnet, but she's always got a positive attitude and a heart of gold.
The books are full of laugh-out-loud moments, as Aisling navigates her love life, her career, and her relationships with her family and friends. But they also deal with more serious topics, such as mental health, body image, and grief.
The Aisling books are incredibly popular in Ireland, and for good reason. They're funny, heartwarming, and relatable. They're also a celebration of Irish womanhood in all its complexity.
Here are just a few reasons why you should read the Aisling series:
- It's hilarious. If you're looking for a good laugh, the Aisling books are the perfect pick-me-up.
- It's heartwarming. The Aisling books are full of love, friendship, and family.
- It's relatable. Aisling is a real, flawed character who everyone can relate to.
- It's a celebration of Irish womanhood. The Aisling books celebrate all the different aspects of being an Irish woman, from the good to the bad.
If you're still not convinced, here are a few review quotes from other readers:
- "The Aisling books are the funniest, most heartwarming things I've ever read." - Marian Keyes
- "Aisling is the best fictional character of our time." - Lisa McGee, creator of Derry Girls
- "The Aisling books are a must-read for any Irish woman." - The Irish Times
Sadly, the Aisling series is coming to an end with the release of the fifth and final book, Aisling Ever After. But don't despair! There are still four other books in the series to enjoy.
Here are the titles of the Aisling books in order:
- Oh My God, What a Complete Aisling
- The Importance of Being Aisling
- Once, Twice, Three Times an Aisling
- Aisling and the City
If you haven't read the Aisling series yet, I highly recommend checking it out. You won't be disappointed and what is more, because they are so popular, we have plenty of them in both New and Secondhand!
A personal note
I'm a huge fan of the Aisling series. I first read Oh My God, What a Complete Aisling a few years ago, and I've been hooked ever since. I love Aisling's sense of humor, her positive attitude, and her love for her family and friends.
I'm really sad to see the series coming to an end, but I'm grateful for the many hours of laughter and joy that the books have brought me. If you're looking for a new book series to read, I highly recommend the Aisling series. You won't regret it!